Fibre Optics Department manager
Clearvision Communications is one of the fastest growing Telecommunications installation company in NZ subcontracting to Chorus Ltd & Ultra Fast Fibre (UFF).
Our company is well established. We have 120+ employees and been in business for 21 years.
We have been chosen to assist with the largest Telecommunications infrastructure project across the Tasman with the Fibre to Home (FTH / NGA) projects and Ultra Fast Broadband (UFB). This has escalated our work load significantly, hence we need high calibre fibre optics crews to join the Clearvision growing family.
We are also the primary contractor for several New Zealand leading companies like Transfield (Broadspectrum), Visionstream and UCG (United Communications Group)
- To lead a crew of 2-3 technicians.
- You could be considered for other roles depending on your experience and character. These roles are Field management and technical trainer.
- You will be looking after our customer’s installations and services.
- Fibre cabling and Fusion splicing in commercial and domestic properties (FTH project).
- Fiber blowing & hauling
- Structured Voice and Data Cabling
- Provide high level customer services
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- A Sitesafe passport
- A current first aid certificate
- A current Traffic Control TC1 or preferably STMS qualification
- All Chorus WTCs (Work training competencies) certificates
You will receive:
- Base Salary plus bonuses, up to $80,000 or more depending on your speed, efficiency and how smart & hard you perform. Uncapped incentives so you can earn as much as you want
- Income and job stability, peace of mind. Enjoy working with the most established and reliable employer in the industry.
- Earn extra remunerations if you are willing to work extra hours and weekends.
- You will gain experience by working with a leading technology company alongside one of the most experienced technicians and engineers in the industry.
- Free on going coaching and training programs to be professional technically also in customer services, health and safety and even you will go through a personal growth mastery program so you will be far ahead of anyone else in the industry.
- Friendly work environment. We take great care in looking after our installers and staff and treat them like an extended family.
For this role you will need following experience and knowledge:
- Apply only if you have at least 1 year of fibre optics cabling field experience.
- Highly efficient in all related Telecom facets like NGA / UFB fibre cable laying, blowing, splicing, trenching, troubleshooting and other related facets like overhead / aerial cabling.
- Cabling experience in commercial, residential, MDU, SDU & ROW.
- Connecting ONT device to existing LAN networks for network compatibility.
- Remedial work. Dig and fix.
- We are after a Smart, fit, healthy, reliable, honest, hardworking and knowledgeable all-rounder technician, with strong Health and Safety awareness.
- Knowledgeable of Chorus standards also knowledge with Auckland city council requirements and National code of practice.
- Understand New Zealand building standards.
- High attention to details
- Have minimum a full Class 1 Driving Licence
UFB work type facets are: Single and Multi Dwelling Ultra fast broadband projects. Cabling, splicing, fibre blowing, OTDR testing, hauling and civil.
Please note that the successful applicant will undergo police and medical clearance including drug and alcohol testing.
If you think this role is challenging and what you are looking for, please send in your applications now!